Saturday, May 26, 2007

Do As Your Deodorant Tells You!

Yesterday, I realized that Summer could not be survived with the small scrap of deodorant I had left. The once thick, full, and delicious-smelling Gillette Power Strip antiperspirant had turned into a chalky mess that, like a scared turtle, would come no further out of its shell. So, smelling of hippy and posters I ventured to a local Walmart where, to my great surprise, I could not find my particular brand. I really do enjoy the power strip...for some reason I feel that it works better than other similar "power stripe" varieties. Instead, I came home with the go-to standard, Degree brand deodorant, wishing I had just driven to Target and gotten what I would actually want to put under my arms.

Having slept a full fifteen hours in my muggy, poorly ventilated bedroom, soaking the sheets with sweat, I arose to shower. Finishing my routine, I cracked open the new deodorant, pulling the plastic cap off and pushing the fresh new stick from its case. Imagine my surprise when, much like a fortune cookie, the top of my deodorant bore a positive message...a little something to get me through the day.

"Go for it," it read in bold sporty type imprinted across the top.

Go for what? More deodorant? But I just bought some. Ohhhh, maybe I should take life by the horns, or some nonsense like that! I get it now. Wow, I am totally inspired. Never before has a stick of cancer-causing scents inspired me so much. I am gonna go out. I'm gonna take the world by storm, and do all of this smelling fabulous (but not quite as fabulous as I would if my old deodorant had a)lived longer and b)been so inspiring.

So, today I walk with a new skip in my step. I am a strong, empowered individual and I owe it all to a stick of deodorant. Now I can sit on my stool in my poster shop and think, "Gee, I've done pretty good for myself. I really went for it."

Thanks Degree.

No comments: